You are here
The APA SG on OBOR, in collaboration with Asian Demographic Research Institute (ADRI) at Shanghai University and the Asian MetaCentre for Population and Sustainable Development Analysis, will hold the first workshop “OBOR strategy and Its Implications for International Migration and Socio-ecological Changes” on Oct. 10-11, 2017 in Shanghai, China.
Submission Deadline: 1 May 2017.
The workshop will focus on the countries and regions along the OBOR and the themes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Estimation and projection of international migration along OBOR at regional, national, and subnational levels
- Investigating and modeling the socio-demographic profiles of international migrants
- Effects of international migration on population dynamics and spatial distribution in the origin and destination
- Economic, social, demographic, and environmental drivers of international migration
- Social and economic integration of international migrants and the impacts of increased migration on countries of origin and destination
- Effects of international migration on national and regional economic growth, technological development, and environmental/climate change
Please send your extended abstract (2-4 pages containing research questions/hypotheses, data sources, methods, and key findings) or full paper (5,000 to 6,000 words) to Yu Zhang firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include a short biography of a maximum of 100 words. The deadline for submission is May 1, 2017. The workshop will have about 20 participants. ADRI has limited funding to cover travel and local costs. Priority will be given to participants from low-income countries, in particular to students. The list of participants will be announced by June 1, 2017. Selected papers, after review and revision, are eligible to be published as a special issue of a peer review international journal.
For Scientific Committee Members Details, please click.