Assoc Prof Edith Gray is Head of the School of Demography, Australian National University. Dr Gray is a family demographer who works in the area of fertility, contraceptive use, and family dynamics. Her research contributions are in understanding the social, political and historical dimensions of family change. She also has expertise in collection of social data, assessment of data quality, longitudinal data and ethical issues in research. Dr Gray was previously a member of the high risk Australian National University Human Ethics Committee and the Australian Department of Health Ethics Committee. From 2006-2014 she was Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Population Research.
- Gray, E & Evans, A 2017, 'Geographic variation in parity progression in Australia', Population, Space and Place, vol. -, no. -, pp. 1-11pp.
- Gray, E & Arunachalam, D 2015, 'Patterns of Contraceptive Use', in Genevieve Heard and Dharmalingam Arunachalam (ed.), Family Formation in 21st Century Australia, Springer, Dordrecht, pp. 123-140.
- Thomson, E, Lappegard, T, Carlson, M et al 2014, 'Childbearing across partnerships in Australia, the United States, Norway, and Sweden', Demography, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 485-508.
- Gray, E & Zhao, Z (Eds.) 2013, Population Studies: Volume I-IV, Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, London, United Kingdom.
- Kippen, R, Evans, A & Gray, E 2011, 'Australian attitudes toward sex-selection technology', Fertility and Sterility, vol. 95, no. 5, pp. 1824-1826.
Australian Research Council (DP110105019) Hidden relationships: Living apart together in Australia. With Ann Evans.
Australian Research Council (DP0987834) Negotiating the Lifecourse: Longitudinal research into work and family transitions and trajectories. With Peter McDonald, Janeen Baxter, Deborah Mitchell, Jennifer Baxter, Julie McMillan.
Australian Research Council (DPDP0772544) Understanding an important aspect of current-day family dynamics: the institution of repartnering in Australia. With Ann Evans.
Australian Research Council (DP0663459) Negotiating the Life Course: Education, Work, Family and Lifestyle Behaviour in Australia. With Peter McDonald, Janeen Baxter, Deborah Mitchell and Jennifer Baxter.
Australian Research Council (DP0558818) Do Australian Parents Want both a Son and a Daughter? With Rebecca Kippen and Ann Evans.