Are you currently pursuing or have recently defended your PhD thesis? Are you wondering about your professional options, both in and outside academia? Come and discuss challenges and opportunities with early career colleagues who have successfully made this transition.
The goals of this online training workshop:
- Identifying challenges and opportunities in early career, both in and outside academia.
- Sharing positive and negative experiences with fellow population scientists who are a few steps ahead.
- Building an international network of fellow early career scientists.
Three regional 90-minute sessions divided into two parts:
- Short introduction of the presenters, who will highlight the most important challenges and opportunities in their particular line of work.
- Small-group open discussions with the presenters, to ask your questions, share tips and exchange about their experience of the labor market.
Target group: Early career population scientists (up to ca. PhD+5) who are seeking to expand their professional network and improve their understanding of their prospective labor market.
The workshop is organized by the Early Career taskforce of the IUSSP and is offered free of charge. To facilitate interaction, the number of participants included in each session will necessarily be limited so those who are interested in participating should register as early as possible.
Please register for only one of the sessions below. (Those who register for more than one session will be removed from the list that is most in demand).