These three networking meetings were organized by the IUSSP Early Career Taskforce and held in Gather.Town at three different times to accomodate members in three large regions: Asia & Pacific (5:00 UTC), Europe & Africa (14:00 UTC) and the Americas (16:00 UTC).
The meetings were aimed at early career population scientists (up to ca. PhD+5) seeking to expand their professional network and improve their understanding of their prospective labor market.
The goals of the networking meeting were to:
- Identify challenges and opportunities in early career, both in and outside academia.
- Sharepositive and negative experiences with fellow population scientists who are a few steps ahead.
- Build an international network of fellow early career scientists.
The three regional 90-minute sessions divided into two parts:
- Short introductions of the presenters, who highlighted the most important challenges and opportunities in their particular line of work.
- Small-group open discussions with the presenters, who were able to answer questions, share tips and exchange about their experience of the labor market.
To facilitate interaction, the number of participants included in each session was limited to those who registered in advance.