You are here
The IUSSP mission is to promote the scientific study of population, encourage exchange between researchers around the globe, and stimulate interest in population issues.
To further its mission, the IUSSP:
- organizes seminars and workshops to further scientific knowledge;
- organizes training and distance-learning activities to improve the research capacity;
- organizes the International Population Conference every four years to bring together the world specialists in the field;
- publishes outcomes of its scientific activities in a variety of publications, aimed at a scientific audience, policy makers or for the general public;
- maintains a website, to help its members collaborate in a variety of ways and to provide population information for a general audience.