You are here
Mortality analysis and forecasting
New Delhi, India, 6-7 April 2017
Call for Papers
Deadline for submissions extended to: 5 March 2017.
The Australian National University, the Max Planck Odense Center on the Biodemography of Aging, Denmark, and the Centre for Study of Regional Development, School of Social Science, Jawaharlal Nehru University (CSRD, SSS, JNU), Delhi, are organizing a two-day International seminar “Mortality analysis and forecasting” on 6-7 April 2017 at JNU, Delhi.
The seminar will focus on themes related to mortality and causes of death studies in India and the region, and forecasting methodologies in international settings, as well as methodologies for countries with limited data.
Aims and objectives of the seminar:
- To present studies on the past and present of mortality and causes of death in India and the region.
- To highlight new methodologies on mortality forecasting.
- To discuss possible forecasting methodologies to be used for countries with deficient data.
This seminar is an attempt to bring together international and Indian scholars on a single platform to deliberate on the issues cited earlier. It is hoped that the conclusions of the seminar will provide pertinent input to strengthen the demographic tools on mortality forecasting for countries with deficient data.
Guidelines for abstract and extended abstract submission:
- All submissions must be made in MS Word or PDF format.
- The first page should contain the title & Abstract only. The abstract should not exceed 350 words. The contributor(s) should kindly provide their name/s, affiliation, and contact information.
- The extended abstract should not exceed 2,000 words (~ 5-7 A-4 size pages typed in double space).
- Please submit your proposals to: Nandita Saikia (email@example.com) or Vladimir Canudas-Romo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
No Registration Fee.
Travel: Meals during the seminar are covered by organizers. Participants should obtain sponsorship from their respective organization/department for travel and accommodation.
- Deadline for submitting abstract extended to: 5 March 2017
- Notification of accepted papers: 7 March 2017
- International Seminar: 6-7 April 2017
For more details, kindly contact Dr. Nandita Saikia, Assistant Professor, CSRD, JNU.