You are here
Mortality: Past, Present and Future
Campinas, Brazil, 7-8 August 2017
Organized by the IUSSP panel on lifespan extension with varying cause of death trajectories
in collaboration with:
NEPO at the University of Campinas;
CEDEPLAR at Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais;
PPGDEM/CCET Universidade Federal do Rio de Grande do Norte;
The Australian National University;
The Max Planck Odense Center on the Biodemography of Aging (Denmark).
This two-day international seminar will be followed by a one-day workshop on hands-on-data with developments in R-programing for demographic analysis held on 9 August 2017 at the University of Campinas, Brazil.
Deadline for abstract submissions: 20 May 2017
The seminar will bring together international scholars on a single platform to discuss issues related to mortality analysis, causes of death, evaluation of data quality and mortality forecasting methodologies, giving attention to old and new methodologies applied in countries with defective data.
Aims and objectives of the seminar:
- To present studies on the past and present of mortality and causes of death.
- To highlight new methodologies on mortality forecasting.
- To discuss possible forecasting methodologies to be used for countries with defective data.
Guidelines for abstract and extended abstract submission:
- All submissions must be made in MS Word or PDF format.
- The language of the conference is ENGLISH and preference will be given to submissions written in this language. However, submissions will also be accepted in Spanish or Portuguese, conditional that the oral presentation will be in English (NO simultaneous translation available).
- The first page should contain only the information of the authors, title & abstract. The abstract should not exceed 350 words. The contributor(s) should kindly provide their name(s), affiliation(s), and contact information.
- The extended abstract should not exceed 1,000 words (~ 3 A-4 size pages typed in double space).
- Please submit your proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is no registration fee.
- During the seminar meals will be covered by the event organizers.
- Accommodation and travel costs must be covered by participant’s institution/department, funding agencies or through other sponsoring.
- Deadline for submitting extended abstract: 20 May 2017
- Notification of accepted papers: 30 May 2017
- International Seminar and Workshop: 7-9 August 2017
For more details, kindly contact the local organization committee: email@example.com